· Utilizes technique charts for technique formulation.
· Processes x-ray film.
· Assists in maintaining basic records and reports, including charge coding, requisition and x-ray folder documentation.
· Assists in maintaining files including charting, finding records and/or pulling x-ray folders.
· Initializes work.
· Adds pertinent information to requisition concerning Radiation Safety, clinical information, procedural notes.
· Correctly completes procedure information in Meditech on all pts; including NP charges
· Can correctly burn a CD
· Has knowledge of policies and functions of other departments.
· Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatrics, geriatric and general population.
· Corroborates patient’s clinical history with procedure.
· Selects and operates radiography equipment, imaging and/or associated accessories successfully.
· Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of interest.
· Determines radiographic technique for appropriate examination.
· Evaluates radiographs or images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.
· Complies with NARMC HIPAA Privacy and Security policies.
· Understands responsibility to report issues with privacy, fraud and abuse, compliance and ethical conduct
· Reports equipment malfunctions immediately.
· Assists in providing ambulatory, wheelchair and/or stretcher transportation of patients using safe and good body mechanics.
· Assists physicians in performance of examinations, holding and turning patients, and other related duties as required.
· Fulfills work assignments in a timely manner.
· Provides patient education and appropriate documentation.
· Provides post procedure communication to patients.
· Communicates appropriately and completely with Radiologist(s) concerning procedures and patient care.
· Communicates and works together with the Imaging Services Nurses for Infection Control, patient care and patient education policy and procedures.
· Correctly uses sterile technique procedures.
· Correctly utilizes Biomedical disposal techniques and able to state what material are appropriate for biohazard disposal.
· Secures and returns supplies, maintains room stock.
· Makes suggestions of ways to improve.
· Effectively communicates and works with supervisors.
· Identifies each patient and order beforehand.