· Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of multi system assessment and reassessment.
· Demonstrates the ability to perform venipuncture and follows correct IV administration policy.
· Demonstrated proficiency in medication administration including IV piggyback, IV pushes, and calculations of dosages.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of signs and symptoms of abuse and reporting mechanism.
· Demonstrates the ability to insert peg feeding tubes and administer feeding per policy.
· Demonstrates the use of sterile technique with dressing changes.
· Maintains an awareness of patient’s condition and nursing care needs. Promotes care of the total patient with awareness of psychological, social, cultural, religious and family needs.
· Provides for safe care in the home and adheres to safe office and driving practices.
· Observes patients condition and reports abnormal reactions and changes in patient condition to primary RN or physician.
· Responds and performs appropriately and effectively in emergency situations.
· Demonstrates knowledge of how to use equipment pertaining to patient care. How to maintain and clean equipment.
· Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills using the lines of authority appropriately.
· BLS certification and Heimlich maneuver.
· Dresses appropriately and meets hygiene standards.
· Demonstrates professional medical care to the sick and disabled without regard to race, sex, age, creed, religion or inability to pay.
· Has knowledge and demonstrates appropriate care for patients’ growth and developmental needs.
· Follows through on tests or procedures left from previous day and reports on any incomplete assignments to assure continuity of care.
· Has Knowledge and demonstrates appropriate care of nutritional needs.
· Implements appropriate nursing intervention to meet patient needs and changed condition according to physician orders
· Ensures the patient record documentation reflects delivery of quality and safe home care services.
· Maintains a professional standard of nursing in the patient’s home that reflects the philosophy and professional standards of the department and regulatory bodies.
· Demonstrates awareness of cost controls and strives to reduce department costs.
· Supports hospital and departmental policies.
· Maintains strict patient confidentiality.
· Assists with orientation of new employees as requested.
· Submits required paperwork accurately and timely in accordance with Agency policy and Federal and State regulations.
· Demonstrates accurate/efficient utilization of equipment/supplies.
· Prioritizes and utilizes time efficiently.
· Demonstrates flexibility to departmental demands and scheduling.
· Sound, effective decision making in all aspects of job performance.
· Develops and maintains effective communications mechanisms with staff members and other departments of the hospital, physicians, families and the community.
· Demonstrates awareness of responsibility and accountability for own actions and assigned responsibilities.
· Communicates at appropriate comprehension level to patient/families.
· Performs job duties as a team member to assure the effectiveness of, and harmony within, the department.
· Creates a positive image of NARMC at all times.
· Performs nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with the nursing/IDT care plan under the direction of the RN.
· Works closely with the RN in implementing nursing interventions in coordination of the patient’s care to meet the patient’s needs and changed condition.
· Reports to the primary RN daily on the progression of the care of assigned patients and report to the physician when appropriate.
· Maintains a minimum standard of 5-6 visits per 8 hours worked, which includes all related paper work for home health patients.
· Assumes role of Associate nurse when requested to work home health/hospice patient care.
· Attends & contributes to patient/IDT conferences.
· Assists with home care aide duties when patient care/staffing needs require.
· Rotates weekend duty with other LPN staff.
· Complies with NARMC HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies.
· Understands responsibility to report issues with privacy, fraud and abuse, compliance and ethical conduct.
· Reports directly to the Patient Care Coordinator and ultimately to the Director of Home Care all lapses in patient care and employee issues.
Licensed in the State of Arkansas as a practical nurse.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: