Operates basic Somnistar Sleep Program for the purpose of extrapolating patient data.
Ability to fax and scan documents within Meditech and with traditional copiers and fax equipment.
Contact patients for reminder appointments and to provide pre-testing instructions.
Needs understanding of Home Sleep Testing units, organized and efficient.
Typing, filing and excellent verbal communications skills required.
Gathers pertinent patient data and explains test procedures to patients
Performs secretarial and general office work under the general direction of a managerial position
Provides support to one department, reporting to one department head
May prepare reports, correspondence, etc.
Performs other clerical duties or tasks as required
- Ability to operate Home Sleep Testing equipment machine, taking care to observe and educate patient for understanding and the ability to apply home unit.
- Prepare and reassure patient providing information for sleep testing.
- Perform clerical duties such as charting, logging and preparing and entering patient charges.
- Assures telephone is answered promptly, courteously and professionally.
- Assures telephone messages are routed appropriately.
- Demonstrates accurate calculation of staff payroll, mileage and travel expenses, and contract personnel payment requests.
- Assures that payroll is processed according to established procedures and that payroll information is legible.
- Responsible for forwarding payroll sheets to the Accounting Department on a timely basis and according to established protocol.
- Reviews service reports for accuracy.
- Demonstrates accurate data entry into the computer in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to handle in-coming and out-going mail
- Demonstrates ability to sort and route office mail while maintaining confidentiality and distributing promptly according to the Director’s specifications.
- Maintains confidentiality of all administrative information (i.e.: employee files, disciplinary action, payroll information, confidential correspondence, etc.)
- Prints and send MD orders on a daily basis.
- Logs returned MD orders and sends 2nd/3rd notices as required.
- Demonstrates ability to routinely update medical records.
- Collects routine and project-specific information to contribute to performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the computer system as relevant to job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates ability to process large volumes of data and paperwork within established deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to close records on discharge ensuring a complete and accurate record is filed inactive.
- Prepares medical records as needed for quarterly record and other reviews as needed.
- Assists with supply requisition as needed.
- Tracks all medical records charts to maintain integrity & confidentiality of patient information.
- Demonstrates sound effective decision-making in all aspects of job performance.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other staff members and other departments of the hospital.
- Maintains confidentiality related to patients and co-workers.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of services provided/available and general admission requirements as related to various payors.
- Assists with staff orientation as requested.
- Performs job duties as a team member to assure the effectiveness of, and harmony within, the department.
- Demonstrates awareness of cost controls and strives to reduce departmental costs.
- Supports hospital and departmental policies.
- Provides cross-training to other personnel as requested.
- Performs various computer data entry assignments as needed.
- Assist with maintaining all office manuals, etc.
- Creates a positive image of NARMC at all times.
- Reviews departmental policy & procedure yearly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with NARMC HIPAA Privacy and Security policies.
- Understands responsibility to report issues with privacy, fraud and abuse, compliance and ethical conduct.
- Schedules and arranges for Professional Advisory Board and related committee meetings.
- Minutes/documentation of all meetings are typed and/or filed in the appropriate manual or administrative file in a timely manner.
Education: High School Graduate or equivalent
One year experience involving responsible secretarial work or the equivalent in secretarial/clerical education.
On the job training and deemed competent in use of Sleep Lab equipment and processes
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Accurate typing ability
Demonstrates ability to operate all standard office equipment
Demonstrates excellent telephone/communication skills
Demonstrates a desire for self-improvement
Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
Must be able to read,write, speak and understand English
Prefer: Knowledge of medical terminology
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed