Reconciles billing and invoices, checks balances, produces statements and maintains client files.
May perform insurance billing clerical work, including reviewing and verifying insurance accounts against program provisions (e.g., Medicare, BlueCross)
Resolves routine patient billing inquiries and problems
- Responsible for answering all phone calls received in the Insurance Department. Will hand all calls whether it be a complaint, question about an account, or request for mailing of information.
- Responsible for seeing all patients that appear in person in the Insurance Department with a question or problem.
- Responsible for making payment arrangements with patients wishing to do so according to Hospital payment plan schedule.
- Has the authority to set lower payments for those patients that cannot meet the regular schedule after the patient or their guarantor completes a financial statement showing their income and expenses.
- Will list all conversations and agreements in the computer system note section.
- Performs other duties as requested by Insurance Supervisor and Business Office Director.
- Responsible for the preparation of accounts to be submitted to the Hospital Finance Board for bad debt write off and Hospital Subsidy Fund approval.
- Responsible for checking and verifying that all insurance has been filed and that the remaining balance is the responsibility of the guarantor.
- Responsible for the handling of all patient correspondence.
- Responsible for the handling of all employee patient account payroll deductions.
- Will act as back-up Cashier and Customer Services Representative.
High school education or GED with emphasis in business and office occupations.
Meditech Software experience. Medical billing experience.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Associate or higher degree in Business, Accounting, Systems or related field.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good communication skills a must.
Proficient in current MS Office Suite.
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed